The Labconco Purifier Logic Class II Type A2 biosafety cabinet provides personnel, product and environmental protection from hazardous particulates such as agents that require Biosafety Level 1, 2 or 3 containment. Other appropriate applications include work with antineoplastic drugs, genetic material, asbestos and additional substances that generate hazardous airborne particulates.
This biological safety cabinet is designed to discharge HEPA-filtered exhaust air directly into the laboratory, or into an exhaust system through the optional Canopy Connection. When canopy-connected, the biosafety cabinets may be used for applications involving minute quantities of volatile toxic chemicals and tracer amounts of radionuclides as an adjunct to microbiological research.
During operation, room air is drawn into the inlet grill. The air in the plenum beneath the work surface is a mixture of unfiltered room air, and air that has just passed through the work area. This contaminated air is drawn by the blower through the back plenum of the cabinet, where approximately 70% of the air is recirculated through the supply HEPA filter and back over the work area. The balance of the contaminated air is discharged to the environment after passing through the exhaust HEPA filter.
This unit is the 6’ version and comes with a stand. It is priced at about half the cost of a comparable new unit and comes with a 60-day warranty.
- Nominal inflow velocity of 105 fpm
- Nominal down flow velocity of 55 fpm
- Filter monitoring system that delivers precise volume of air as required
- Type 304 stainless steel interior with removable seamless work surface
- Towel catch under work station
- Air flow monitoring system
- Supply and exhaust 99.99% efficient HEPA filters
- Exhaust vent allowing for 100% exhaust