The Scepter™ 2.0 is your portable cell counter. The Scepter™ cell counter provides true automation without the error that accompanies vision-based systems. It has a micro-fabricated, precision-engineered sensor that does all the work and delivers accurate and reliable cell counts in less than 30 seconds. The Scepter cell counter is the only one on the market that accurately counts particles as small as 3 um in diameter and can count samples with concentrations as high as 1.5 million cells/mL. As cells are drawn into the sensor, resistance increases which causes an increase in voltage and recorded as voltage spikes with each passing cell. Spikes of the same size are entered into a histogram and counted. From the histogram, the cells can be counted or use the gating function to count a chosen subpopulation. This histogram also gives you quantitative data on cell morphology that can be used to examine the quality and health of your cell culture.
This unit is in perfect condition and comes with the original box, software and two packs of Scepter 60 um sensors. It is being sold for about $1,200 less than a new unit.
- Extremely user-friendly and compact
- Reproducible and reliable counts even with smaller cell types
- Easily quantifies cells based on size
- Can discriminate larger cells from small debris unlike use of vision based techniques
- Compatible with 60 um and 40 um sensors
- Detects every cell and displays the population as a histogram of cell size distributions