The NanoDrop ND-1000 is a full-spectrum spectrophotometer that measures 1 ul samples with high accuracy and reproducibility. The system uses 1mm and 0.2mm path lengths for each measurement cycle to provide an extensive dynamic range. The instrument can measure high-concentration samples without dilution that many standard cuvette spectrophotometers cannot, measuring up to 50 times more concentrated solutions. Surface tension technology keeps the sample in place without the need for sample containment devices and allows for quick cleanup.
There are many applications including:
- Nucleic acid concentration determination
- Purity of nucleic acid samples up to 3700 nh/ul without dilution
- Fluorescent dye labeling density of nucleic acid microarray samples
- Purified protein analysis up to 100 mg/ml
- Expanded spectrum measurements
- Quantitation of fluorescent dye labeled proteins, conjugates, and metallo-proteins
- Bradford Assay analysis of protein
- BCA Assay analysis of protein
- Lowry Assay analysis of protein
- Cell density measurements
- General UV-Vis spectrophotometry
This instrument was obtained from a working biotech laboratory that was closing its doors and is in excellent working condition. Software for the instrument is available on-line without additional expense. This can be easily down loaded to your choice of computers. The NanoDrop is priced to sell and comes with a 60-day warranty.